bacg

Friday, April 18, 2014

V-Neck Shirt for Star Wars Pants

Well, I had hoped to finish most of it yesterday but sadly I was trying to bake rolls and sew at the same time. (Not the brightest idea I've ever had.)

 

Shirt A is our goal. :D We can do it! We will make the sleeves shorter though because after cutting them out and laying the pattern piece against my arm it seemed rather long. Better to have more fabric than not enough.

 
Silly me! So I did get everything cut out, marked, and aligned to be sewn together and I wasn't paying attention while sewing; it wasn't feeding through but pulling it beneath the dogs and amounting to a thread and fabric mountain.

In this picture I had already tamed a bit of the beast but I will tackle it more on Saturday or Sunday.

Such a hard lesson to learn. :/ But I have had fun learning more about my sewing machine such as what North is on it. I was tempted to draw a compass on it but I figured not. Also, I have learned it takes a lot of effort to get a true 1/4 inch seam.

I had to measure from where the needle is to where I need the fabric to follow. I placed some yellow tape on my sewing plate to help. I cannot figure out how to make my needle move left or right which will have to be discovered eventually but my current research came up blank.

No worries I can still manage the 1/4 seam it was just interesting how involved it had to be. :) I rocked out to Eminem, Beethoven, and 80's rock while sewing & baking. Enjoy your Easter weekend!

                                             Mrs. Feisty


3 comments:

  1. It is going to be beautiful.. Happy sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your machine should have a button to turn to move the needle. But all machines are different. It's so hard when things go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep searching for a button. I have read the manual multiple times. I am moving onto looking online for hints. :) We will find it. :D

    ReplyDelete