bacg

Monday, August 4, 2014

Skirt Finished!


I wore it to an interview and I didn't have my hair done yet so that's why it isn't fancy. Anyways it is so cute! I picked up some light green fabric from Joann's to make another one with that isn't as transparent.

It is so much fun to wear as well when it's windy because it whips everywhere. The most difficult part of the skirt for me was hand stitching the waist band to the skirt. I was nervous about the pleats in the front but when Mastermind showed me how to do it I wasn't so scared anymore.

I got really stuck up about the zipper because I wanted it to look perfect. you see I did the zipper with mastermind and then I ripped it out because I was confused how some pieces were supposed to get together then I hulked out and ripped out every seam of the skirt we had done.

She saw it in shambles and nearly beat me. I didn't blame her. After ripping out all the seams I ate like 7 smores and some ice cream. Then I nearly cried and read a book. I was confused on some parts were being put together because I cut out the wrong front piece for the pattern.

So I cut out the right piece and sewed it all back together. And tada! :D I will try to get better pictures uploaded. I am entertaining an idea of making my own form to drape my work on so that it doesn't keep getting folded or thrown on stuff. Have any of you done that before? Below is a tutorial if you are interested.

                            Mrs. Feisty

Making your own dress form.
Do's and Don't for a dress form.


1 comment: