bacg

Saturday, May 10, 2014

A New Source!

Projects are still in the making so don't panic. My procrastination has caused us all grief. However in my last session with Mastermind she presented me with a book she found at the thrift store.


Don't you feel fancy? It's Vogue; totally posh! Just kidding snooty nose is done now. :) I can't believe she gave it to me. I would have kept it for myself. When I buy books for others that I like I normally buy myself one if I don't already have a copy. SELFISH! (Though I still feel no regret. I'm doomed.)


So the styles are outdated but the techniques are still the same and they put so many pictures in here! Its awesome! I remember when I first began trying to read sewing stuff and I didn't really understand what things were. Now that I pawed through it I understand more after all the sewing I have done. Imagine if in like 5 years I could probably read a book like this and understand exactly what they were saying! :D

I also adore books. This one will be dearly loved and used more often. I have a McCalls one but it doesn't have as many visuals and not as thick. Between the two hopefully I will better tame the sewing beast. :)

Happy mothers day everyone! :D

              Mrs. Feisty


2 comments:

  1. So happy you got the Vogue book, I love, love the old sewing books.. They seem to explain things in a more simple way.. I find them on ebay and have WAY too many.. Could sit for hours reading them.ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are super nice and very visual. Well this one is and I am a visual learner and so this is a real treasure! :D

    ReplyDelete