bacg

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pajamas Part 3

An hour is so short when you don't want it to be and forever when you want it to pass by. :/

Once again simple tasks but I learned a lot. We pinned the sides together and matched the notches. I have a hard time paying attention to the notches at first because all I wanted was for everything to match up. However, in order to do that you had to match the notches first then go up and down. Because the back pieces that go over the butt have more fabric so it seems weird at first but it's logical just flow with it.

We basted it and did a half inch seam at first to see how it would fit. So we basted a leg and I tried it on. It was still a little big. We previously altered the pieces before because it was a little big but we decided to do a 5/8 inch as the pattern instructs to make it fit better. :D

Sewing a straight line is hard. So mastermind showed me a little trick. She took some tape and aligned it with the line I needed to follow so it was very easy for me to sew a straight line.

Don't do these:

1. Do not pull the fabric from the back. Guide it with your hands from the sides and front.
2. Always match up the notches first before any of the edges.
3. Always try on the pattern and fabric pieces to ensure accuracy/comfort.
4. Iron all your pieces.

Patterns are hard to read because I am a visual learner. Those who do well reading instructions can probably read a pattern better than me. Because I have sat down and read the instructions multiple times. I have to take it into very small steps and move the pieces to help me understand what they want.

Next update for the pajamas will be sewing the crotch together with the elastic and hem of the pants. I have to pick up elastic. Don't let me forget. :)

The robe will be updated shortly as well. :) The pattern is hard to read and there is not a lot of instructions. A bit is assumed that the sewer knows what they are doing. However I don't. Bwahahahaha :D See you next time!

                                                      - Mrs. Feisty

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your pj's.. know they will be so pretty.. Reading patters will get easier for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard, but will be easier as you get to know your way around patterns.

    ReplyDelete