bacg

Friday, June 20, 2014

Do it Twice to Assure its Nice

I cannot tell you how close the seam ripper and I have become. It's like we spend so much time together. Oh wait we do! I'm getting better at reading patterns or I'm reading easier ones to understand. Not sure which one, but either way I am having an easier time.

V-Neck Shirt Update

Still not done. I have ripped out the sleeves multiple times then re-stretching and mashing the fabric back together. Its a knit so it happily resumes it's previous state. I have yet again another ripping session this weekend. But I can't give up! I just can't stand defeat. I'm a sore loser and it's making me blood thirsty. But I can't make my sewing machine bleed because I'm the one pushing the pedal (Operator Error).



Skirt


We are moving on! Vogue is owned by McCalls who knew? I was reading the pattern pieces (kudos points right there) and it says, "Vogue copyright of McCalls Pattern Making". Ann's had a sale on Vogue patterns and I couldn't resist the 4.99 a piece price. Especially because I adore Vogue's styles. Not like I wear evening dresses everywhere (I would have fun doing that though).

I got the skirt pattern and Mastermind offered some fabric that didn't have a purpose yet. It is a delicate apricot color. I wear too much black and wish to wear colors so I am using it as an excuse for a new skirt. Plus, Mastermind wants to teach me to put in a zipper and do a hem.



So far we just have the pieces cut and I did the pleats. They were simple pleats so I was grateful for that. I'm excited to show you how it will turn out. :D



So you just match up the pieces and pin it in the middle of the circle then flip the top fabric piece backward. 


Once you have it flipped backward you mark it with tailors chalk so that you know where to have them match up.


Until next time. Oh and I rediscovered my sewing mojo. :)


-Mrs. Feisty




1 comment: